Is a Nectar Mattress Eco Friendly?
Nectar mattress is an eco-friendly mattress (as claimed by Nectar Mattress – see reference)
Each Nectar mattress has a polyurethane foam core and a tencel cover and these flexible polyurethane foams are evaluated and recertified every year.
If you’re interested in knowing more, read on…
Tencel is the Fabric Used for Nectar's Cooling Cover
In order to make its air conditioning covers, Nectar uses tencel and a natural long staple cotton that is grown without chemicals and also rainfed. Sustainable cellulose is converted into a super-fine fiber that is both breathable and comfortable. This creates a trendy and comfortable bed.
Nectar sources organic cotton that is non-GMO and has been loomed and dyed with low-impact dyes.
How Eco-Friendly is Nectar Mattress?
Nectar Mattress uses foams that provide excellent emissions, content, and performance, as well as toughness.
Among the foam layers, which are primarily made of polyurethane based on vegetable oils, there are:
- A “Lush” 1-inch four-pound semi-open memory foam with fast-recovery properties
- 3.5lb of medical grade memory foam with 3-inch thickness and medical-grade cooling and recovery levels
- Last but not least, 2.2 pounds of high-density base foam
On its website, Nectar states that its mattress is latex-free and also naturally resistant to pests as well as allergens.
Nectar’s memory foam meets extensive requirements for materials, performance, and toughness according to CertiPUR-US ®, an international third party certification. Certified by CertiPUR-US ®, Nectar foams are eco-friendly.
This means Nectar Mattress:
- Has no ozone depleting chemicals used
- Contains no PBDEs, TDCPPs, or TCEPs (“Tris”)
- Contains no mercury, lead, or heavy metals
- Has No formaldehyde used
- Does not contain any phthalates and is regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Has low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) emissions for indoor air quality (less than 0.5 parts per million)
Nectar mattresses are not only eco-friendly, but they are also built to last and backed by a lifetime warranty, thus eliminating the need for landfill waste by ensuring that they won’t be thrown away after five or six years. We are positive you will enjoy your Nectar mattress for as long as you own it – after that we are sure you will really love it for the remainder of your life.
You now know Nectar is a natural mattress and a great way to reduce your carbon footprint. Buy a Nectar mattress today!
Researcher in the sleep and mattress industry at The Deep Sleep Consultancy. Ginny has over five years of experience enhancing people's sleep quality. When she is not writing, she plays football and volleyball, drinks red wine, and relaxes in a bubble bath.